My dear friends,
in bloom and Goodbye March fit together perfectly, right?
The March says goodbye or I say goodbye to March,
the month that brings spring.
You know, here in Bavaria the spring reaches us at last.
While in the north, at the North Sea, in Berlin, Frankfurt and Hamburg
already spear the first buds and appear the first flowers.
Here, in Bavaria everything takes a little bit more time.
First I want to tell you about my month, one of the most boring in this year,
and then I will show you “in bloom”.
Or what is going to happen soon … here in Bavaria.
As I said, my March was an uneventful month.
He hadn’t much to offer, but he wasn’t bad.
Here is what was going on:
– a friend of mine and her girl came to visit me.
We gone to the playground with lovely warm weather,
after that we ate apple cake I had previously baked,
and here is the recipe for the delicious and crispy apple cake:
300 g spelled flour
1 ts baking powder
145 g sugar
180 g butter
1 pinch of salt
15 ml of water
750 g apples
1 ts cinnamon
– 180 g flour, 70 g sugar, 100 g butter, water and salt knead to a smooth dough
– do the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes
– peel, rub, squeeze the lemon
– Apples into quarters and sprinkle with lemon juice
– preheat oven to 180 degrees
– roll out the dough, line it in a form and prick it with a fork
– prove the dough with apples, sprinkle it with grated lemon peel, with a little bit sugar and cinnamon
– process the remaining flour and sugar and margarine to crumble and spread over the apples
– bake the cake in the oven on the middle rack 50-55 minutes
– a friend of mine, my daughter and I visited the cinema in Regensburg,
we saw a German comedy
with the wonderful Palina Rojinski, a Russian-Jewish actress and presenter on MTV
and Elyas M’Barek, a German actor with Tunisian roots …
and I tell you, when the man laughs, then ♥ …
but enough 😉 the movie was funny and very romantic.
– Before the cinema we were in a bar and drank delicious cocktail.
It was not so late in the evening and Happy Hour.
Do you know Happy Hour? Food / drinks for half of the price?
Behind us sat a young woman who took a strong advantage of the happy hour,
minutes later she fell from the chair and could not walk
-> Conclusion: the ambulance had to come.
– Friends came with their children and there was another apple cake
(because it was so good that I baked it all over again!)
We went for a cake-earn-walk.
So. First walk to deserve the cake, and then eat the cake.
– The best in this month, I now have a week off. I will not do much:
to learn english (I was already four times in the course and it’s great fun),
to read a lot,
to have dinner with my colleagues
and to celebrate Easter … but more about next month.
So. Here’s a summary of what I saw and read this month …
– Traumfrauen (the German comedy)
– Blood Diamond (great played by Leonardo DiCaprio)
– Better call Saul (with the very brilliant Bob Odenkirk)
– Suits (with Gabriel Macht … and yes, the man is even pretty to look at)
– Bloodline – a new series on Netflix. Until now, thrilling, so I want to look further.
– Game of Thrones (reads quite easily in English)
Thank you for your patience and for reading.
Here is the CornerView with my “in bloom” or as spring comes into my kitchen.
– in bloom –
more posts all over the world can be found by Francesca of FuoriBorgo