January is, with its thirty-one days, a long month.
It is also the beginning of a new year,
it is often the calm before the storm,
or the breath after last year.
How was my January? I will tell you.
– I spent a Saturday at Ikea, and learned
never go to Ikea on a Saturday during the school holidays.
– I was with my daughter in a tattoo shop because she get a belly button piercing.
– I met with friends, ate a good dinner and played a game.
We had hot raspberries with vanilla ice cream at dessert. (great!)
– I was with a other friend for a long walk, during which I lost my mobile phone and found it on happy way again.
Then I ate the first time delicious fennel orange salad.
– After my vacation I got a new boss.
– I was at the vet with Frieda to the annual vaccination.
Imagine such a big dog and trembles with fear when she’s at the vet.
Although it there something painful has never happened!
– My car was for review and during I had Asian food with a friend
and stroll through some furniture stores.
– I saw the last season of the series Sons of Anarchy.
And I am very sad.
Do you know that?
Many seasons accompany the protagonists,
which is as it would be to the family, as if you were friends.
You can experience adventure, you are sad, happy and laughing with them.
And when they leave, then there is a farewell pain one first has to digest.
– I also looked the fourth season of Homeland. God is not the last, thanks!
(I have already told you that I’m on spy films?)
– I read this month two books (too little): Rebecca Johns “Icebergs” (I like it)
and the agent thriller “Der Schwimmer” (great and very exciting!)
– I saw a movie (in December): “Einer nach dem anderen”
(original: Kraftidioten) (very great film!)
– And I saw a french film “Ein Mordsteam” (De l’autre côté du périph)
(I have rarely laughed so much)
– There was snow, and was quickly gone. And it snowed again and thawed.
Also, January is the month in which I often think about the desire vacations in the current year:
– Amsterdam with Elsa and her family in May
– Summer in Aquitaine
– Two firmly planned weekend in the Alps with friends
That sounds good, right? So happy to start the year … and go on.
How was your January?